CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Charleston Weekend

Sat. night after Dinner at High Cotton
Sunday afternoon-Bridge at Magnolia Plantation

Friday afternoon- Bridge coming into Charleston
Friday night- walking around
Saturday- Carriage Tour
The homes are beautiful, saw Rainbow Row
On top of a hotel-great views! Enjoyed a lemonade.



Thursday night for my birthday




Trevor took me out to dinner for my birthday Thursday night. =) We had leftovers to eat Friday before we left for Charleston. Leftovers are great!
Trevor and I enjoyed visiting Charleston Aug. 8-10. We enjoyed some good food there as well. I pointed out some of the sights I had seen on my past visits to Trevor. My cousin, Nena, used to live near Charleston, so I had visited her in the past with my Uncle Devon, Aunt Linda Faye and several other family members. My uncle Devon loved to take pictures, so I certainly had that in common with him. He passed away in 1997, so I am thankful for the good memories with him.

Some of the things we enjoyed this past weekend: walking downtown, great food, sitting at the battery, water fountains, love seeing the old homes/porches (our house now is actually "Charleston style", so we really enjoy that), carriage tour, "fancy dinner" out at High Cotton, walking through the markets, and Sunday we visited Magnolia Plantation/Gardens on the way home.
I am happy to hear my friend, Cindy, has been recovering well after her surgery last week. She may go to rehab tomorrow. My father-in-law Dennis, is on his way home after having back surgery last week. He ended up staying on the same floor in the hospital as Cindy...what a small world! Keeping you both in my prayers!




0 comments: