CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Life of a RN....wife and mother

Time is going by so fast with our sweet Olivia! I see it's been over a month since I found time to blog. Olivia is doing so many new things: rolling over both ways now, trying a little baby rice cereal, sleeping about 5-6 hr each night (yea!), smiles often and interacting with us and things around her more and more! Today I gave her one of the new toys she got from a Sunday school friend, Taggies ball, and when I looked back at her she had rolled over from her back to stomach! I moved the ball back near her and she did it again, so then I got the video camera and she actually rolled over one more time, so I got to capture it on video. I had written down April 29th as the first time you rolled over from stomach to your back. The day before, April 28th, you gave us a "first" laugh!

April 30-May 3 Granddad and Nona came to visit. Nona, Olivia and I enjoyed a "shopping" weekend, but it was a little challenging to Trevor to shop and shop! We did go about all day, but we do not do this often. Most of our "shopping" trips out are to Costco & Wal-mart. May 6th Olivia passed the hearing test at Dr. Osman's office. (was required by DEHEC since my sister, Noelle, has hearing loss). May 7th I took my CPR renewal for work and completed my evaluation with my manager. The end of my maternity leave at come! :(

My first Mother's Day was wonderful, but I did miss Trevor since he had to work. Olivia and I went to church at Risen Christ where Dennis, Jeanne and John's family attend. I had lunch with them at church and then we spend the evening with them at their house. Olivia was 9 lbs when I weighed her that day. May 11, we had Olivia's 3 mo photos made at Olan Mills and visited our Mcgraw friends in Conway.

May 12 was my first day back on the floor at work....long days with 12 + hr shifts!!! Olivia has adjusted well since I am back to work, but it is a challenge with the breast feeding. She is growing and needing more and more milk, but my body is not keeping up. When I am at work it's all I can do to fit in pumping twice during my shift. I am sure the pump is not like Olivia nursing from me and also having to go over 5 hr between pumping I'm sure causes my body to think I'm making enough milk. So, we have started supplementing with formula some, but I am glad to say Olivia was exclusively nursed for 16 weeks. Jeanne, my mother-in-law has been a good support during this process. It was totally "new" for my side of the family because my mother did not breastfeed us. I have enjoyed nursing for the most part, just not the times I've gotten terrible "knots" and engorgement issues and sometimes you feel like you are nursing "all day". It is nice at night though to be able to pick her up and nurse her in bed with me and not have to get get a bottle ready in the night. I know their are many benefits to the baby and mom from breast feeding, so I have tried my best. Sometimes Trevor and I have worked the same day, so his parents have been GREAT to help us out and watch Olivia on those days. They have done really well with her, but I guess after 4 kids of their own and now the 9th grandchild they have experience. :) I took you to the bellegrove pool for the 1st time, May 28th with Jeanne. You did great! I guess you felt like it was a "big bathtub". We went to Huntington Beach State Park, Sat. May 30th. My work was having a family day there. We didn't stay long, but it was fun to get out and make a few pictures. Olivia's wt. was 10 lbs on May 31!

June is already half over! It is hot here in S.C. as it normally is for the south, but we have been blessed with several rain showers recently. Olivia tried a little mashed up banana the other day. She seemed to like it best when her daddy would let her lick the banana like a popcicle. We continue to go to the chiropractor once a week and now have a neck exercise piece to use at home. We enjoyed a "date" at the Melting Pot last Monday...yummy!! Olivia is drinking about 20 oz a day now (the measurement Trevor got one day while I was at work, because with nursing that's one thing you don't know for sure). My sister, Martha, and her husband, Ashley, had their 4th anniversary June 11 and mom (nona) had her birthday, June 13th. Sunday, June 14th, our Sunday school class gave Olivia a shower that was very sweet. Trevor was the lay reader and their was also a reception we went to for Rev. Scarlett since she is moving this month. So, we had a busy time at church. Sunday evening we enjoyed dinner at John & Wendy's to celebrate Riley's 4th birthday!! I have been to all her birthday celebrations so far! She is the only person, besides my two sisters during their early years, who I have been with on all their birthdays. Fun times. So, that's the update for now....it's back to work for me again tomorrow! We really look forward to the days we are all 3 together now! Olivia is such a blessing and joy each day! She makes all the adjustments worthwhile!! Oh, one other new thing for us is getting color on the walls in our home!! After growing up in neutral parsonages it's exciting getting some color!! Also Trevor & I saw the Fireproof movie and have almost completed reading the Love Dare together, a 40 day process. I have really enjoyed and looked forward to our evening devotion time. I guess part of our encouragent to grow more in our Chrisitan walk has been having Olivia. We pray for God to help us continue to grow in His love each day and raise our daughter to know Jesus as her Savior and friend. Studying God's Word and praying are key elements to a Chrisitan journey.

0 comments: