CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Journey Continues

I am thankful things seem to be going well with my pregnancy. Some things that have happened since I last wrote:

-dinner with good friends, Ryan & Krista McGraw and their 2 precious boys.
-made a pumpkin display for the unit I work on-hospital's pumpkin contest. I decorated the large pumpkin red, white and blue and choose an "election" theme" since it was election year.
-Went to a Women of Faith event with my mother-in-law and other ladies from her church in Greensboro, NC, Oct 31-Nov.1.
-Our next U.S. President, Barack Obama, the first African American, was elected Nov. 4 and that happened to by my youngest sister's 21st birthday!
-Baked brownies for the floor I work on, 2 East. Our bake sale will buy items to have for the children admitted to our floor.
-Nov. 11, I had an OB apt. The baby's heartbeat sounds good! Trevor recorded it on his cell phone.
-Nov. 14, Fri, went to the Dickens's Christmas Show with family here in Myrtle Beach. I got a few baby items.
-Trevor passed another nursing test!!! yeah! Only 2 more nursing tests to go in the program!
-We got our baby crib to put together soon and Trevor finished putting down the wood floor in the baby's room.
-We taught Sunday School yesterday. Our class is having a study on Acts. Yesterday's lesson was about Stephen's stoning.
-We continue to enjoy time with family here and look forward to John being home soon. Wendy and the girls have done well while there dad has been in Texas.
-I go to my ear dr. again this week...I think my draining left ear is just something I'm going to be dealing with while pregnant. I just pray it stays under control and hopefully stops after the baby is born.
-I am working 2 days a week now on the medical floor at Grand Strand. We take care of all ages: peds to geriatrics, so it's busy! The charting is a job in itself! I enjoy being a nurse, but it takes all your energy while there....mentally, physically and spiritually!

It's amazing the holidays are almost here! I look forward to spending time with family and friends in the days ahead! We are about 26 wks in the pregnancy now...getting excited!!

0 comments: